The Carers' Support Service relies on funding, grants and donations along with voluntary help to carry out its work.
Here at the Carers' Support Service we believe that volunteers can do almost anything. Volunteers make a vital contribution to all aspects of community life.
We are constantly on the look out for new volunteers to join us. We are particularly looking for volunteer befrienders, counsellors and drivers.
Would you like:
- A new challenge?
- To make better use of your free time?
- To develop your skills and abilities?
- To make new friends?
- To improve the quality of life of Carers and local older people?
- To make a positive difference in your local community?
What could you do?
- Support our organisation by helping to develop existing and future projects
- Give an older person information
- Befriend a Carer or an ex Carer
- Visit or telephone an isolated person in their own home to offer support or information
- Help us to fundraise
- Offer skills such as counselling or computer tuition
- Qualified therapists can offer their time to provide relaxation therapies
- Drive Carers from their home to a Carers' Support Group
- Pay your travel costs and out of pocket expenses
- Give you a meal allowance if you work for us for 3 hours or more a day where this covers a lunch period
- Give you relevant training
- Give you a named member of staff to support you in your role
For further information please call Lisa Wood on 01472 242277.