North East Lincolnshire Carers' Forum
RECRUITING NOW! Call 01472 242277 if you are interested in joining the Carers Forum and making a difference for Carers in North East Lincolnshire. You can also download an application form below.
The Carers’ Forum comprises a group of existing and former Carers, representing Carers’ interests; this group acts as an independent voice for Carers across North East Lincolnshire, and has a key role in the planning and development of local services and the promotion of Carers’ issues, rights and involvement.
The Forum is intended to provide a channel of communication between individual Carers, Carers’ groups, Carers’ organisations, the NEL Carers’ Strategy Group, NEL community members, commissioners, statutory services, private organisations and voluntary agencies.
The Forum aims to ensure that Carers are recognised, valued and supported. Its role is to:
- Raise awareness of Carers and Carers’ issues
- Educate the community of North East Lincolnshire to recognise Carers and become a Carer friendly community
- Consult, liaise with and inform all other relevant Carers’ forums, support groups and individual Carers, in order to accurately represent their views and support them to have their own voice
- Offer the unique experience, knowledge and skills of its members, to move the Carers’ agenda forward
- Get involved in the planning, commissioning and monitoring of local services
- Negotiate better terms for Carers across North East Lincolnshire
- Improve support to Carers and those they care for
- Talk about new and on-going issues and opportunities, and actively plan a forum strategy for dealing with them
- Inspire innovation and change across the health, social care and voluntary sector
- Organise publicity and awareness raising campaigns
- Network and be a key stakeholder on relevant boards, groups, bodies and projects – i.e. the Carers’ Strategy Group
The Forum is Carer-led and is open to Carers of people with varying needs. The Forum has a key role in the planning and development of local services and the promotion of issues affecting local Carers.
Meetings are held monthly on a Friday morning (10.00 am-noon) at the Carers’ Support Service, 1 Town Hall Square, Grimsby. For more information about the Forum and becoming a member, please call the Carers’ Support Service on 01472 242277.
Minutes of meetings
|2015||9 January||13 February||20 March||24 April|
|22 May||26 June||24 July||21 August|
|–||23 October||20 November||18 December|
|2016||29 January||26 February||18 March||29 April|
|27 May||24 June||29 July||26 August|
|20 September||28 October||–||16 December|
|2017||27 January||24 February||–||28 April|
|26 May||30 June||28 July||–|
|29 September||27 October||–||1 December|
|2018||26 January||23 February||23 March||–|
|25 May||29 June||27 July|
|26 October||30 November||December – Open Meeting|
|2019||22 January||Loneliness & Isolation Workshop||29 March||26 April|
|31 May||28 June||26 July||August – No Meeting|
|27 September||25 October||29 November||December – No Meeting|
|2020||January – no meeting – Developmental break||February – no meeting – Developmental break||March – no meeting due to coronavirus||April – no meeting due to coronavirus|
|May – no meeting due to coronavirus||June – no meeting due to coronavirus||July – meetings to resume|
Make A Difference!
Shape the conversation
Want Carers to have a voice?
Want to get involved in local decision making?
Two hours a month is all it takes
to help make a difference
Call the Carers’ Support Service on
The last Friday of the month
10am to 12noon
The Carers’ Support Service
1 Town Hall Square