User and Carer Independent Forum
The User and Carer Independent Forum provides an opportunity for mental health service users and Carers to have a say in the planning, development and monitoring of local mental health services. The Forum is a local charity managed by a board of mental health service users and Carers. Independent Forum Members can use the Forum to draw on their experiences of mental illness and those of the people they care for and can voice their ideas, opinions and views on local and national issues about mental health. They can also take part in various activities to help to make a difference to their lives and the lives of other service users, including:
- Decisions about how the Forum works.
- Discussing and giving an opinion on a variety of areas, from the internal decoration of mental health service buildings to issues of policy.
- Training to join a small team of service users and Carers who take part in recruitment interview panels.
- Training to educate other members of staff about what it feels like to have a mental health illness.
- Monitoring local mental health services, by speaking to service users about their experiences.
- Members hold regular meetings and it is a great place to meet new friends.
For more information about the User and Carer Independent Forum or supporting Carers locally, please contact George Baker or Brian Hoser on 01472 233321 or 01636 894154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAVIGO are our local Not For Profit Mental Health provision. They offer a full range of services including treatment, residential, assessment, observation – from acute treatment needs through to community outreach and training provision.
NAVIGO Services can be reached through Adult Social Care single point of Access on 01472 256256 (option 3 for Mental Health) or NAV.MHSinglePointofAccess@nhs.net
For all services including acute need and if you are in crisis.
NAVIGO Website is https://www.navigocare.co.uk/
Carers helpline at NAVIGO
NAVIGO – Caring for carers of people with mental unwellness
Contact Janice Dobbs by email at email@example.com
North East Lincolnshire Council Well-being service
Mental and emotional wellbeing
The service aims to help you to address some of the barriers preventing you from living a happy and healthy life .
The service is free and offers a confidential service to support you with setting out targets and planning strategies to achieve them.
To access the service call (01472) 325500 or visit https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/health-and-wellbeing/mental-and-emotional-wellbeing/
Grimsby 01472 626100