At the Carers Support Service we believe that volunteers can do almost anything, from providing people with information to befriending, counselling and transport. Volunteers make a vital contribution to all aspects of community life. We value our volunteers and offer great opportunities for you to use your skills and knowledge to offer invaluable support to local Carers’.
We are constantly on the lookout for new volunteers. If you have some spare time and want a new challenge, to make a positive difference and develop your skills further, then ring us on 01652 650585 for more information.
Would you like:
- A new challenge?
- To make better use of your free time?
- To develop your skills and abilities?
- To make new friends?
- To improve the quality of life of Carers and local older people?
- To make a positive difference to your local community?
What could you do?
- Befriend a Carer
- Give an older person information
- Visit or telephone an isolated person in their own home to offer support
- Offer skills such as counselling or computer tuition
- Qualified therapists can offer their time to provide relaxation therapies
- Help us to fundraise
- Support our organisation by helping to develop existing and future projects
- Drive Carers from their home to a Carers’ Support Group, when we resume our face to face activities in the future.
- Pay your travel costs and out of pocket expenses
- Give you a meal allowance if you work for us for 3 hours or more a day where this covers a lunch period
- Give you relevant training
- Give you a named member of staff to support you in your role
For further information please contact Sharon Wright on 01652 650585 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.