Would you like:
- A new challenge?
- To make better use of your free time?
- To develop your skills and abilities?
- To make new friends?
- To improve the quality of life of Carers and local older people?
- To make a positive difference in your local community?
What could you do?
- Support our organisation by helping to develop existing and future projects
- Give an older person information
- Be an advocate
- Befriend a Carer or an ex Carer
- Visit or telephone an isolated person in their own home to offer support or information
- Help us to fundraise
- Offer skills such as counselling or computer tuition
- Qualified therapists can offer their time to provide relaxation therapies
- Drive Carers from their home to a Carers' Support Group
- Pay your travel costs and out of pocket expenses
- Give you a meal allowance if you work for us for 3 hours or more a day where this covers a lunch period
- Give you relevant training
- Give you a named member of staff to support you in your role
For further information please contact Sharon Wright on 01652 650585 or e-mail email@example.com.
Volunteer befrienders are urgently needed as the demand for this invaluable service has increased substantially this year. You may have seen recent reports from the Government highlighting the impact that loneliness and isolation has on a person's health - it is thought to be as harmful as smoking. Volunteer drivers are also urgently needed.